Tuesday, January 8, 2013

single girls

cause that's what single girls do,
don't think about you.


i recently read The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis. it was a really good book. i'd recommend it. there was a part of it that really stuck out to me. a lady was stuck in hell basically because she loved her son too much. which at first you'd think weird, until it's explained. she loved her son more than God. the only good thing is God, and the further you get from Him, the less good there is. her love was so far from God.

so people lie when they say that love is good. love in and of itself isn't good. it's not bad either if you want to be truthful. it's just love.

and this all got me to thinking about the people that i love. that i miss. who aren't with me. is my love keeping me from Him? maybe. so that was one of my "new year's" goals. to take myself away from that, and closer to the love that brings us closer to the Lord.

so i'm not thinking about him.

at least that's what i've told myself. i'm not really sure how i'm going to manage looking at the Payson Mountain and not remember our hikes. I'm not sure how i'm going to look at collector's coins and not think about the ones he gave me. i'm not sure how i'm going to go swimming and not remember all the swim meets i went to with him.

but that's what single girls do right? they don't think about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment