Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Where I Land

you have a way of stirring up my soul
did you know?
when you hold me in your arms the way you do
it feels like coming home.

and i am lost for words
you're more than i deserve
and when i cannot stand
you are where i land.


i remember his embrace. i felt his hand on top of mine. the memories are vivid. he put my arm through his and we walked the dimly lit streets and came to the park. walking up the steps we ran across the field. i tossed a snowball teasingly and he deflected it. we made snow angels and got up freezing cold and quite wet. but we were so happy.

another time, another memory. it was a glorious morning. we drove up the nearby canyon as far as the car would go. then we walked. on our way up i poked him in the side, teasing him and moving him over. he shouldered me back and we both laughed but soon it was a full fledged snow fight. i threw snow in his face and he "tackled" me to the ground. we laughed, lying in the snow and we looked into each others eyes and we both knew.

i love the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment