Monday, December 10, 2012

You Don't Define Me.

you know my name,
but how would it be if you knew of my pain?
i won't complain.
we've all played that game,
but i still take your talk and toss it away.

words are falling out your mouth
like rain falling all over the ground.
like thunder and lightning.
you say you got it figured out.
you think you know what i'm all about,
but you don't define me.


why are we all so content on judging one another? so many of the people that we see and criticize have stories that we could never understand. working at my new job i am surrounded by so many people whom i would never even have said "hello" to before i worked there. but who could have guessed the truly genuine people i could encounter there too?

for example: the girl with multiple ear piercings who told me she's been married for four years and she's only twenty? she was the first person who bothered to talk to me. twice, a couple of guys who i know swear quite often, apologized to me when they knew i had heard them - and not because i was LDS, but because i was a girl. another guy, would be homeless if my manager hadn't taken him in. one older gentlemen with teeth so rotted from smoking that teeth have fallen out, has taken me "under his wing" in a sense to show me the ropes of the place. these people have good hearts.

people have an innate desire to be good. it's up to us whether we let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment